Life and Death Matters

I'm good at trivia, listen to progressive rock, drink Gin & Tonics, and read philosophy when nature calls. Curiously enough, I'm also single.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Monumental Waste of Talent

The nineties I hold to be an unfortunate decade and in music few examples lead to more exasperation than Mariah Carey. She was the best-selling artist of that decade, and one of the best-selling artists of all time; I am also sure that, American marketing discourse aside, Carey was quite the inspiration to many a singer. It is amply saddening, then, to realize that after some fifteen years this artists has one decent recorded song to her name. But what a song, and what a performance.

However, as much as I would love to embed the song just below these lines, some shit on or from YouTube made sure that this video could not leave the site, and so I hope the link alone will suffice. Enjoy, dear reader, and sigh alongside me at what a waste these fifteen-odd years have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Random Post for your Random Pleasure

chomsky.info : News and Reports

Sure, go ahead, ask the 8 Ball if you're gay